Albino Cory Died.....

Dazzlearoobob

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,
Our Albino Cory died today. Just found him at the bottom of the tank. I was just admiring him today. We've had him the longest and I feel quite gutted. Had him about a year and he had grown quite big. About 3 inches. When I seen him today he seemed fine. Nothing has changed in the tank and I'm now quite worried about the other fish.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Darren

Hi Darren,

i would do a 30-40% water change and a gravel/sand vac just incase there is any unwanted bugs in the water/substrate. if the fish was fine, eating well and had no obvious injuries or health problems then it may be just the poor corys time :sad:
are all the other fish ok?
you really need to wait for wilder to read and comment as she seems to be the emergency guru.... :good:

Sorry to hear of your loss :rip:
3 inches is a good size,it could've been its time
Have you tested the water lately? i agree with matt do a waterchange because you had your cory pass away.

Bless him. R.I.P.

Check water stats.
Did he look bloated.
What did his barbels look like.
Any red sores or red streaking on his body.
Did he look pale or darker in colour.
Was he acting listless and lethagic.
Did he lean to onside when resting.
How often do you maintain the tank.

Bless him. R.I.P.

Check water stats.
Did he look bloated.
What did his barbels look like.
Any red sores or red streaking on his body.
Did he look pale or darker in colour.
Was he acting listless and lethagic.
Did he lean to onside when resting.
How often do you maintain the tank.

Hey Wilder,
I have checked the water and all is fine. He was bloated when I found him dead but not up to that.
His barbels were fine. Looked normal. No red sores or streaking. No paler or darker and was acting fine so not listless or lethargic.
Didn't notice that he was leaning to one side.Tank is well maintained with 20% w/c every 2 weeks and water tested regularly.
D

Keep an eye on other fish.
A few daily water changes.
Corys are more prone to bacterial infections.

Most reactions

Back