Albino babies????

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a couple mature albino Cory’s, over a year ago, those were a group, and I got eggs, in a community tank… never hatched, for whatever reason ( my water was bad back then, predication ??? ) then there was only 2, and no more eggs, after the water was taken care of… I assume, the survivors, were the same sex… now that I have good water, good conditions, I bought 5 more babies, which are growing rapidly… assuming at some point, there may be more eggs… typically the are fish like Cory’s, in a group of all the same species albino, is it likely any resulting fry would also be albino ( I’m thinking because these have been bred like this for many generations ) or would one expect to get several throw backs to the original color, the albinos came from???

Last edited:
Albino Corys are such old strains they tend to breed true. Now, are they paleatus albinos, or aeneus ones? Naturally coloured young would tell you that easily enough.

I once bought a pair of albino cichlids because they were supposed to be a rare species, a relative of the krib I wanted. Their young were about 60% normal coloured, which was what I wanted, but alas, they turned out to be ordinary kribs.

Both the older mature, and the new juveniles are supposed to be aeneus… I was suspecting as many generations as these have been bred as albino, that and fry, would likely be albino as well…

Most reactions

Back