Air Stonep/filter

neonnewbie

Reaction score
I have the outlet on my internal filter just above the surface which creates bubbles is this the same effect of having an airstone or shou;ld i get an airstone aswell?

Cheers

NN

It should be fine, but I recommend an air stone in any freshwater tank. If anything ever happens that causes the filter to stop running the air stone alone could save the entire tank. It is worth the money to create some redundancy.

I have the outlet on my internal filter just above the surface which creates bubbles is this the same effect of having an airstone or shou;ld i get an airstone aswell?

Cheers

NN

no, no need for an air stone, just point the filter outlet to the surface. in truth airstones do little to add O2 to your tank. they are more for looks than fish/tank health (though they are an essential part of some peoples breading system). and unless the airstone is inside your filter, it will do nothing to save your colony if the filter fails.
surface disruption is where the vast majority of O2 enters your tank.

I don't like the airstone cause when the bubble pops water particles fly out~ and makes it evaporate faster O:

IMO they're a waste of time, money and electric. Unless you need one for breeding purposes then keep it out of your tank.

Most reactions

Back