Air Pump Valve!

pinkfisher

Reaction score
Hi all! Just got an air pump, tubing and one-way valve for my tank but not sure which way round the valve goes (doh!) dont want to get it wrong so if anyone can tell me that would be great
good.gif

Is there not an arrow on the valve to indicate to the direction of flow?

If there is, the output from the pump should go to the base of the arrow and the pointed end should go to the tank.

David

Just put the valve in your gob and blow through it, this way you will know what way the air runs. :hey:

Some air pumps and accessories come with a check valve. I bought a couple of 8 inch bubble wands than came with a one way valve. Some gang valves also function as a check valve as well. I just got a Elite 3 way control valve that clearly states "Prevents water return." Of course if your pump is mounted higher than the tank you don't need a check valve unless the air line comes off the pump and falls into the floor. On second thought seems like cheap insurance if something crazy happens, guess I will put one on my pump that is above the water line.

I triple ensured mine won't come off , I found a piece of hose that was a good fit over the hose that fitted on the pump and then superglued the lot onto the pump outlet , it ain't ever ever ever going to come apart !!!!

It is very easy to determine which way to place a check valve. Try blowing into one end of that valve. If you get air flow, you have it the right way around. If your head explodes, you had it backwards.

Most reactions

Back