Ahhh! First Mistake!

chimera_786

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a DIY Co2 system setup and kind of had an accident. I had my bottle on the top of my aquarium and kind of well. I picked it up and all of a sudden i saw a big puff from the air stone i had attached for easing diffusion of the Co2. All of a sudden, my water went slightly cloudy and im guessing its the yeast stuff!. Its not a lot but enough for me to get freaked out! I immediately set up a 5 gallon water change (which is about 25% of my tank..thts right..its a 20 gallon tank) and am now waiting for the water temp in the bucket to reach room temp and do the water change. So to get to the question: are my fishy about to die???. I don't want them too. They look okay but i know thats the "calm before the storm". My tank has just finished cycling as im seeing brown diatoms on the glass. What other stuff should i do to make sure the tank inhabitants are okay? What about my filter?? Are the beneficial bacterias okay?? or am i about to experience the cycle all over again??? I have plants in there aswell!! Oh dear god waat have i done!

Be better off posting this thread in tropical discussion more members go over there.
Just copy and paste it.

You should change as much water as possible that stuff is extremely toxic. Its fermented yeast it would make a person very sick if they ingested it. Its moonshine. Probably should have put a valve on there to stop the backflow.

Most reactions

Back