Ahhh! Diy Co2 Accident

chimera_786

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a DIY Co2 system setup and kind of had an accident. I had my bottle on the top of my aquarium and kind of well. I picked it up and all of a sudden i saw a big puff from the air stone i had attached for easing diffusion of the Co2. All of a sudden, my water went slightly cloudy and im guessing its the yeast stuff!. Its not a lot but enough for me to get freaked out! I immediately set up a 5 gallon water change (which is about 25% of my tank..thts right..its a 20 gallon tank) and am now waiting for the water temp in the bucket to reach room temp and do the water change. So to get to the question: are my fishy about to die???. I don't want them too. They look okay but i know thats the "calm before the storm". My tank has just finished cycling as im seeing brown diatoms on the glass. What other stuff should i do to make sure the tank inhabitants are okay? What about my filter?? Are the beneficial bacterias okay?? or am i about to experience the cycle all over again??? I have plants in there aswell!! Oh dear god waat have i done!

Water change will fix almost any problem with the Co2. I suggest doing several over hte course of a few days.

Most reactions

Back