African Dwarf Frogs.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

seth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok i was wondering if african dwarf frogs are harmful to fish. or if fish are harmful to them. I perssonnaly love the little guys but i want to ask you guys before making the purchase. also what do they eat?

Mine are with dwarfpuffer and oto and haven't bothered either one. They have jumped at both but are too slow to get anywhere! I have seen them eat frozen bloodworm, and the frog bites I put in always disappear so someone is eating those. Since I seriously doubt it is the dp or oto, and the frogs are always climbing in/out of the dish I have for their frogbites I have to assume it is the frogs eating it.

an albino cory. I know that cardinals and corys have ,major temp. and p.h. differances. Im working on a solution.

I dont know about your P.H. question but on a site ive been to has a lot of info on them and what they eat. Just go to http://aquariumfish.net/catalog_pages/misc_critters/frog_african_dwarf.htm#top2 that should help. If it doesnt i suggest checking links on that site. Hope it helps

ADFs are tough little critters and can survive in most conditions (even unheated and unfiltered at room temperature and with a regular water change). They do not harm fish. Most fish will out-feed the frogs (which are slow, stupid and have poor eyesight) so frogs must be fed directly if they are to thrive in a community tank. Defrosted bloodworms in a baster or pipette right infront of their nose is best, especially if you have bottom feeding fish. They like places to hide, and dislike deep tanks (since they must come up for air). ADFs are great, just make sure you are not mis-sold ACFs instead.

ADFs are a great species for a community tank. Just ensure the fish its sharing the tank with are of relative size to the frog (to ensure they dont try to eat it!)

Most reactions

Back