African Dwarf Frog

matthew

Reaction score
hi i was thinking of buying two of these. how big do they grow?

i already have 10 tetras 2 platies 1 siamese fighter a crab and 8 shrimps in my tank would they be compatible?

Thanks Matthew

That depends. Really, your crab is not compatible with anything currently in your tank. All the crabs you can buy in the shops need brackish water(something your other inhabitants cant take) in the long run, and space to climb out. The crab would eventually eat your other fish and shrimp, but it will probably die before that because of the conditions -_- .
I would urge you to take it back, there are a lot of uneducated or just irresponsible places out there that sell these things and will tell you "they will be fine in your tank" or "thats as big as they get".
In addition, it's fairly important you find out what type of shrimp you have, as it's also quite common to be sold unsuitable species that will eat everything else in the tank eventually.
If you rehome the crab, and if your shrimp are a safe species, then yes, an ADF would be fine in your tank, depending on the size of your tank and the water conditions(e.g. acidic or alkaline water?) :) .

What kind of shrimp and what size of tank?

I'd say ditch the crab and you'd be just fine

hi i have a 130ltr tank. the shrimps i have are Amano shrimps. i have had the crab in my tank for 3 months now with no problems i have a lump of bogwood in my tank so it can crawl out on to my filter. but i still got a solid lid for it over this so the crab or any other thing cant escape.

Thanks Matthew

But the crab still needs brackish water to survive, and will eat your other fish and shrimp. If you get an adf, the adf will most likely be eaten first. Just because you've been doing for three months, does not mean it is going to work out -_- :) .
The crabs can survive out of brackish water for a long time, and can generally live in fresh water if there is a little salt added.
However, if you were to add enough salt to actually make a difference to the crab, your other fish would suffer :/ .

Most reactions

Back