Advise on what species

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone tell me what species I have here? No colour except a light blue line on the anal fin

Attachments

• 26CBF6E5-C5A1-4C3E-94AD-1D6392D792FB.jpeg
    26CBF6E5-C5A1-4C3E-94AD-1D6392D792FB.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 75
It looks like a female Gambusia sp. Where did you get it from?

To be honest Colin I am not sure where she come from. I have 2 in the tank, I got a mixture of guppies, mollies a couple months back from a breeder I know and thinking they came from there

I’ll think I’ll get them out of the tank. I have found they get a bit nippy with others at times.

Thank you, I will look at relocating then

Gambusia are a pest here in Queensland/NSW. Not sure if they are were colin is though. They invade our creeks big time

Colin, I think I know where they came from. The breeder I got the blue eyes off had a big native pond, so I’m thinking he’s scooped them up and added them with the blue eyes.

It's not a native fish, it's introduced.

All Gambusia species are considered Noxious right across Australia. When something is considered a noxious species you are not allowed to keep, breed or sell that species, and any that you catch, find or collect, must be destroyed where you find them.

As for your fish, you can keep it but don't tell anyone you have it and don't get rid of it. Just let it live out its life in a tank with other fish that can tolerate it.

It's not a native fish, it's introduced.

All Gambusia species are considered Noxious right across Australia. When something is considered a noxious species you are not allowed to keep, breed or sell that species, and any that you catch, find or collect, must be destroyed where you find them.

As for your fish, you can keep it but don't tell anyone you have it and don't get rid of it. Just let it live out its life in a tank with other fish that can tolerate it.
Agree with Colin, I have a Botia kubotai that I bought and dont know
That its illegal to keep them back then, now I have to keep my mouth shut even though I wanna brag my friends about it.

Most reactions

Back