Advice

Lisa1981

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm currently running 2 tanks. Main tank is 180L and 2nd tank is 130L. The 130L tank currently only houses a large Spotted Climbing Perch and a Starlight Pleco (L183). It did have other fish but the stock has declined over the past year and I haven't restocked as I knew a move was on the cards and I planned on reducing to 1 tank. The pleco will fit in nicely with my other tank but the Perch won't so I shall either have to find someone local who can take it or approach my local fish shop to see if he can take it. However in the mean time is it ok to have just these 2 fish in the tank? I don't really want to get rid of the tank till I'm ready to move as I would like to use the filter to recycle my new tank in my new house? Also I already have a pleco in my 180L tank and I'm not sure there is enough space in there for 2. I plan on upgrading to a much larger tank when I move house so I know there will be enough room when I move.

Any advice welcome.

How big are the two fish? Tank dimensions?

Can I bump this up again as I move on Saturday and I'm starting to panic.

Juwel Vision 180 = 92 x 41 x 55 cm
AquaOne 620T = 62 x 72 x 62 cm

I've changed my plan now, I've kept both tanks running and although we move on Saturday we have our current house until mid Sept when we have tenants moving in. My plan is to buy a new tank asap (will need advice on which tank) and get it set up using the filter(aquaone cf1200) from the smaller tank. When I remove the filter I plan on moving the 2 remaining fish, Spotted Climbing Perch and the Plec into the larger tank for 1 week whilst I get the other tank up and running. The following week I shall move all the fish up and also the filter (another aquaone cf 1200) up and into the new tank.

I need advice with regards to the new tank. We have space restrictions so can only get 4 ft wide and 22 in deep max. I am swithering between 2 - Aqua One Aquience R 1200R or Juwel Rio 300. Does anyone have any experience of these tanks? Or would anyone recommend one over the other?

Most reactions

Back