Advice On Setting Up A Breeding Tank Please

griffgrogg

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive had a 240l planted tank for some time but have just bought a small 40l tank that I'd like to set up as low tech (normal lights and plants etc)....................I thought I might combine it as a breeding tank for galaxies and would like to know before I start how to set up the tank.

What sort of filter is best ? its fitted with an UGF which isnt good for plants so I will not be using it. I'll probably have some java moss so any fry can hide

Hi,

Ive had a 240l planted tank for some time but have just bought a small 40l tank that I'd like to set up as low tech (normal lights and plants etc)....................I thought I might combine it as a breeding tank for galaxies and would like to know before I start how to set up the tank.

What sort of filter is best ? its fitted with an UGF which isnt good for plants so I will not be using it. I'll probably have some java moss so any fry can hide

im also thinking of doing this (in a 15 uk gallon tank)

have you found/got any galaxies yet?

will just just attach the moss the normal way (tieing it to woods etc)?

do you know anyother fast/easy growing plants the will be any good?

i have a eheim ecco external which i will be using although i will be covering the intake with a sponge to stop fry going up

Hi,

ok good choice may i add :good:

basically u want sponge filter its best

u can use spawning mops to breed these its easier then u can either move the mop to somewhere for fry to hatch or remove parents and leave fry there

Most reactions

Back