Advice on new tank and filters

Dek1

Reaction score
Hi Guys, looking at getting a new tank and filter and was looking to get recommendations. I have a total budget of £1k for everything tank substrate etc.
I was looking at the fluval shaker 220 ltr I liked the idea of the through tank style filter, it has a fluval 307 filter. I'm keeping tropical fish like tetras, guppies, Harlequins at the moment. I don't want to get into anything to big I prefer smaller fish.

Any recommendations lost faith in my fish shops I feel all they are looking for is a sale and would sell you anything.

Thanks

Just curious, what size and type of tank do you currently have? You have a generous budget. Many don't plan for all of the extra expenses after tank and stand so good for you! Here is a video I watched about the Fluval tank. Very interesting. Perhaps it will help. Please let us know if you decide to purchase this system. And of course, let us see what you create!

Looks like a decent and well thought out setup. I would ditch the carbon and phosphate pads and just cut an extra bit of sponge for the basket.

Most reactions

Back