Adonis Pleco Sale

Birch

Reaction score
Hi, i have an Adonis pleco, would like to sell him as he is getting a lil big.. Hes about 9inches and eats well.

I dont really want to giv it to a shop this is just to see if anyone is interested!

Im in Upminster Essex and i would be happy to deliver to a certain extent!! Also have a few other pleco for sale, but want to rehome the Adonis 1st of all!

Thanks for looking..

Danny Birch

Ive tried my hardest to get a picture on here but dont have a clue how to attach a pic.

Have a look at this link, its very similar to my Adonis.

http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Siluroidei/Acanthicus_adonis.htm

thanks!

Wow, if I had a jumbo tank I would have had him.

Cor! 100cm max size?! Surely this is the biggest pleco species? :unsure:

Is that what it says? Omg! I thought my Giant Sailfin Plec was going to be the beast at a 2ft max!

Wow, if I had a jumbo tank I would have had him.

Cor! 100cm max size?! Surely this is the biggest pleco species? :unsure:

Yes, it's considered the biggest species of plec and absolutely stunning. It really is a shame they can get to 3 foot+.

O yea, thought id say... The largest Adonis pleco ever caught/seen is 14inches lol so dont no what fish your on about!

O yea, thought id say... The largest Adonis pleco ever caught/seen is 14inches lol so dont no what fish your on about!

I get my fish size from seeing quite a few over 24 inches lol, i would try and gain a little more experience on this fish instead on trying to pass it off as a medium size plec just to sell it.

I wouldn't mind but if google the scientific name for it, you will see various people holding the plec in question and i assure you that they are far in excess of 14 inches lol

For instance.. see pic below, strange that they only get to 14 inches when the pictures shows probably a 20 inch+ one lol.

A bit more CORRECT info can be found HERE!!!

The Adonis pleco is a beauty. But unfortunately, the only place where it should really be kept in in the wild. Very few places have the capacity to house this pleco. To the OP maybe it would be a better idea to donate him to London Aquarium or something? That's if you care about the well-being of the fish. -_- :good:

Carl

please keep the comments on this post amicable and on topic please :good:

Simon

Most reactions

Back