Adf Get'n Old?

guppler

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I think I've had Miss Piggy about a year now, and she's spent most of that time in my comunity tank with lots of other critters, but none of her species. i do want more of her species, but it's only a 29 gallon tank, and the corries and guppies are keeping it pretty full of babies. For a while Miss piggy was almost as unlikely to be seen as the loaches, but lately she has been right up top with the guppies , especially at feeding time, or at least out in the open, whther it's squished between the wall and the bunkbed or prowling the floor. I was watching her hanging out up in the weeds with the hungry gups and she was being a very good girl. Even with week old guppy fry witthin a centimeter of her face, she only snapped at livebearer flakes and frog bites, and she was catching more than I ever watched her catching all in one sitting, but her eyes looked cloudy and I hadn't noticed that before. Then I noticed that her tiny hands looked a little arthrittic, all curled with big white lumpy knuckles. Maybe there was a little of this there before and I just didn't notice, but I don't know how old she is or how old they get. I was a little worried about the eyes, but they must be functioning well enough, the way she's eating. I have had 2 fish with popeye in there in the last few months, but everything else seems fine, and Piggy's eyes aren't puffy like the fish, just a little foggy looking.

So....
Can anybody tell me if my frog is probabbly just old or if there's something I should do for her?
I do have some fairly recent pics of Piggy. I'll look and see if any are clear enough to show what I mean and if I can adjust them to post.
If she is old , would it be best to not get new frogs until she's gone, or should I get her some buddies while I still have her.
I have been telling myself that I should be reducing, rather than increasing my pet load until after I move probably early in the new year, but a frog or 2 shouldn't be a problem.

Most reactions

Back