Additional Stocking

SombreroBanana

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I finished cycling my 20 gallon long a little bit ago, and I got six zebra danios and a mystery snail yesterday at my LFS. I plan to get a pair of bolivian rams also, as they are really the one fish I'm really set on getting. I want some cories, but FishForums.net says my filter doesn't have enough gph for that, which I believe (my filter isn't the best). I want some action down near the gravel. Any suggestions?

Here's the link
http://aqadvisor.com...archMode=simple

It its not always about Fish per gallon, or fish per inch etc etc etc

Its all relative to the tanks balance. For instance. Danios are a middle to top level dweller, They like to zip back and forward along the current.

Bolivian Rams are mid to lower tank. They like plants to hide in as well.

You can have activity going on the bottom and I cannot see a problem with incorporating some smaller cory species

- Corydoras Sterbai (Sterbai Corys)
- Corydoras Panda (Panda Cory)
- Plenty of room.

A tank measuring 18″ x 12″ x 12″ (45cm x 30cm x 30cm) around 45 litres

a group of 6 would be suitable. Also amano shrimp would work!

make sure you have suitable water parameters for the fish. also sand for corys as a substrate is best.

It its not always about Fish per gallon, or fish per inch etc etc etc

Its all relative to the tanks balance. For instance. Danios are a middle to top level dweller, They like to zip back and forward along the current.

Bolivian Rams are mid to lower tank. They like plants to hide in as well.

You can have activity going on the bottom and I cannot see a problem with incorporating some smaller cory species

- Corydoras Sterbai (Sterbai Corys)
- Corydoras Panda (Panda Cory)
- Plenty of room.

A tank measuring 18″ x 12″ x 12″ (45cm x 30cm x 30cm) around 45 litres

a group of 6 would be suitable. Also amano shrimp would work!

make sure you have suitable water parameters for the fish. also sand for corys as a substrate is best.
Thanks. :)

Am I right in thinking that Bolivian Rams like quite a hight temperature, and danios like it quite cool? You may end up with a compromise temperature that suits neither.

Am I right in thinking that Bolivian Rams like quite a hight temperature, and danios like it quite cool? You may end up with a compromise temperature that suits neither.
There's like a 1 degree (fahrenheit) overlap in their acceptable temperatures. Danios tolerate everything from around 70-76, and bolivian rams go from 76-80. So, I'll be constantly checking temps in the winter, but I trust my heater can keep it at the right temp.

Fish tolerate temperature variances , especially the hardier species of ram Bolivian, German blues on the other hand not as hardy,

Its the water hardness you need to make sure is suitable as well as the environment they live in, Read up on each, use the species index on the site, and if your super sad like I am, you can put them in a table with pH, kH, gH, Temp and environment and compare several species and see where your ranges should lie.

But then again, I am Really Sad!
yes.gif

Fish tolerate temperature variances , especially the hardier species of ram Bolivian, German blues on the other hand not as hardy,

Its the water hardness you need to make sure is suitable as well as the environment they live in, Read up on each, use the species index on the site, and if your super sad like I am, you can put them in a table with pH, kH, gH, Temp and environment and compare several species and see where your ranges should lie.

But then again, I am Really Sad!
yes.gif
Yeah, I already looked at this kind of stuff. Zebra danios are fine in anywhere from 5-25gH, and bolivians are fine 5-15gH. I'm right around 8 or 9, so I'm set.

Most reactions

Back