Adding New Pool Filter To Established Tanks

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have two tanks a 55 gallon which has very little sand substrate and has 5 yo yo loaches in the tank, and a 29 gallon tank which has some but could use more substrate. I am concerned about the 55 gallon since I was going to add some malasian trumpet snails like I was wanting to do. I've had both tanks established for at least 3 years and both water parameters are great, I had a problem with algae in my 55 a few years ago but the algae bloom is not seen anymore cause I think the bristlenose keep it down but it was real bad a few years ago and I sucked most of the sand out. It is either I syphon all sand out and replace with new sand or gravel, or just add more sand to each of the tanks. I really don't want to miss with the 29 gallon since it was the very first tank back in March 2008 that I cycled and very little has changed in this tank since then, it has never had a algae problem + I have 2 bristlenose to make sure. The 55 gallon is aprox. 14 foot from the window which the sun is blocked by the other house next door, so I'd have to say no sun hits the tank.

Most reactions

Back