Adding More Fish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ldytmropr

Reaction score
I have a 30 g. tank. It's a rectangle one with glass. I'm ready to add more fish. I currently have 4 Gourami's, 5 Zebra Danio's and 2 pictus catfish. I'd like to add neon tetras maybe.... Kind of like the angelfish too. Don't want livebearers. I want a little bit of color in my tank if I could. Also, any good websites to research some more about this. This is my first tank, so I want to make sure this is done right. It's been cycled and water parameters are all good. pH 7.0 and ammonia/nitrites are good. Ideas please!!

I'm tryin to think of some other ideas for ya, i know itwas hard to get ideas for my tank! I have dwarf neon rainbow fish in my tank, they are cool but i havent seen many of them for sale.
I have neons in my tank and they are really lively and bright, maybe if you don't fancy them go for cardinal tetra's, very similar but have more red on. Hope this helps, if i get any more ideas i'll post them here!

How about rummy nose tetras. they are actually rather striking when in good color and they school pretty well. Also white cloud mountain minnows are rather nice looking active fish. HTH :)

tuffers said:
I'm tryin to think of some other ideas for ya, i know itwas hard to get ideas for my tank! I have dwarf neon rainbow fish in my tank, they are cool but i havent seen many of them for sale.
I have Blue Neon Rainbows they only grow to about 2", they are lively and my oto's actually shoal with them.

Idytmropr

If you want Colour/Action (but not livebearers) then you are looking at tetra's, Danio's or Rasboras.

A couple of the larger rainbows would make a striking centrepiece, but some of them do grow to 8" plus so be careful not to overstock.

Most reactions

Back