FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have a 35 gallon tall hex stocked with 3 swartzi corys, 1 angelfish, 1 bn pleco, 2 bolivian rams, and one dwarf gourami.   I would like to add some middle swimmers.   I am considering adding 5 cherry barbs but am open to recommendations for middle swimmers.   Will the barbs be ok in this tank with my other fish?  comments welcome

+3 cories, if you're going to go with barbs or tetras then try to go with 6+. Cherry barbs are a good choice of barbs with the angelfish/gourami.

which do you prefer---rasboras or cherry barbs?

As far as looks go. I like cherry barbs, I really like how they have that pinkish red look to them which I think complements a planted tank and how the almost look like a mini koi from the side. Rasboras are cool to, but I don't like how they're just half black and half silver with a bit of orange. Just not my taste in coloring I guess. But I do like the ones that are almost all orange with the black part. makes them look like they're glowing.

will white skirt tetras be ok with my present stocking?  I'm thinking of getting 4 of them

Fishmanic said:
will white skirt tetras be ok with my present stocking?  I'm thinking of getting 4 of them
Absolutely not! One of the nippiest tetras out there, IME, especially if kept in groups of less than six or eight.

well I got the 4 skirt Tetras and so far they seem fine in the tank---not chasing any other fish and somewhat schooling together---I have a 2 week return period so we'll see how it goes with these new inhabitants of the tank.

confused.gif
  For now. That poor gourami.

Most reactions

Back