Ada Vs Opti White

justin85

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m planning an all out setup and would like to see what people think. Clearly ADA tanks are stunning in every way, but also opti white tanks are just as good so I will run down the tank I’m talking about and would like to hear your feedback.

ADA Cube Garden 120-P: 120 x 45 x 45cm Price £699.00 Click here to see it

Opti White High Clarity Tank 120x45x45cm Price £449.00 Click here to see it

Both look exactly the same to me. IMO you're just paying for the name with the first one. I'd save my money and go the second one.

they aren't the same...ADA use something slightly different to opti white. I can't remember what it is, i'm sure it's totally lead free glass. But TBH theres not much between them. If i have the money it'd be the ADA tanks as ADA stuff is great.

I'd be interested to see both types of glass side-by-side if that is the case. Or if you could tell both types apart if they're not side-by-side.

they don't look a great deal different side by side. I have done a bit of digging ans the ada glass has a slightly lower lead count to optiwhite.

i'd still pic the ada though B-)

Not sure if this will help, but in the states there is a smaller tank manufacturing company. I have a couple of their tanks. They offer a special high clarity glass made with reduced iron content. It is called Starfire glass. Here is the url for their illustration of normal tank glass and Starfire glass side by side: http://www.glasscage...s/starphire.jpg

As for ADA, I consider it exorbitantly overpriced. But then I am willing to exorbitantly overpay for fish. So who am I to judge.

Not sure if this will help, but in the states there is a smaller tank manufacturing company. I have a couple of their tanks. They offer a special high clarity glass made with reduced iron content. It is called Starfire glass. Here is the url for their illustration of normal tank glass and Starfire glass side by side: http://www.glasscage...s/starphire.jpg

As for ADA, I consider it exorbitantly overpriced. But then I am willing too exorbitantly overpay for fish. So who am I to judge.

That does look impressive! But I don’t think they ship to the UK, I will see if there is anywhere here in the UK that makes aquariums with that type of glass.

tbh, I should have mentioned it earlier but ND aquatics will make a custom opti white, it might be worth contacting them.

http://www.ndaquatics.co.uk/

Thanks Ian, just had a look and i think it will cost about the same as the opti white from aqua essentials.

I believe starfire and optiwhite are exactly the same just brands

personally i would buy it from aquariums ltd , comes to £250 with a opti white front, left and right panes back is just standard glass as theres no real need to put it there anyway if im honest, but ND aquatics might be better priced

personally i would buy it from aquariums ltd , comes to £250 with a opti white front, left and right panes back is just standard glass as theres no real need to put it there anyway if im honest, but ND aquatics might be better priced

Interesting, I will check this out. Thanks

Havent aquariums ltd gone bust?

Most reactions

Back