Acrilic Tanks???

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tsalvageboy

Reaction score
Is there an online site that sells nice acrillic tanks that wont break the bank? Or is there a store that is the best for selling them. I am thinking about a nice big one 80-100 gal. Any Good seggestions???

Tim

I doubt you will find one that large online. Shipping becomes a problem for items like that. Even if you found a great price, the shipping cost would negate it. You might check eBay and see if there is a used one for sale in your area. Otherwise, a chain store like Petsmart or Petco may be your best bet. Locally owned LFS are generally a little higher on tanks and accessories than the chains.

Acrylic is pretty light weight so it won't be too expensive to ship compared to glass but it's also IMO not as good. Plus I'm not sure they make aquariums that big from acrylic.

Teelie said:
Acrylic is pretty light weight so it won't be too expensive to ship compared to glass but it's also IMO not as good. Plus I'm not sure they make aquariums that big from acrylic.
[snapback]890569[/snapback]​
Actually Acrylic is alot better than glass and it is cheaper as the tank size gets higher
Glass get expensive when u get into the 80- 100 gallons.
Check www.glasscages.com
that is wear u can check prices
good luck

Actually, almost all really big tanks are acrylic and any that have bow fronts or curves are too. The main expense in shipping tanks whether it be glass or acrylic is the insurance. Too much risk of it breaking, especially a larger one that has to ship via common carrier truck such as Conway or Estes. That's high dollar freight to them.

Most reactions

Back