Acquarium Vac For Sand

FishyWishie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good aqaurium vac that is safe for using with sand i remember seeing a discussion in a thread but i can't remember which one :blush: I did try one of the ones with the little bag thing but it sucked up sand into the motor and kind of assploded.

Don't waste your money buying one, all you need is about enough hose pipe to reach the area of disposal or the bucket, then suck on the end and hover all the crud whilst you change your water ;)

I can vouch for this. I bought 3 or 4 different syphones (kept thinking I could find a better one) and all I do now is use the tube from one of them with a bucket clip.

A vac is a different issue though! I want one that I can use in between water changes to vacuum up all the crud. I bought the Eheim battery one one but the sand knackers the motor within about 10 seconds.

I have a great syphon that i got from Acorn Pet Centres it works a treat but i wanted to be able to Vac the tank in between water changes i too killed my motor with sand on my vac lol

I have a normal vac with the larger head on it like this My link. When cleaning sand I just either hover it about a 2mm above the sand so it creates a kinda vortex thing lol it does take practice but I find it works or try I leaning it with one side touching the sand. Hope this helps?

Most reactions

Back