Abramite-safe plants?

XavNav55

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently bought a group of Abramites and they absolutely destroyed my rotalas. There isnt any way the rotala will recover as they ate all the stems, so i was wondering what plants are hardy enough for them to avoid eating. I already have java ferns and they seem to be doing fine, but now without the rotalas the aquarium looks empty.

The fish are primarily vegetarian and will eat any plants in the aquarium. You can reduce the damage to the plants by feeding vegetable flakes and pellets, along with fruit and vegetables like pumpkin, zucchini, peas, etc. Just make sure they are free of chemicals.

You can also grow plants outside in pots and put them in plastic containers. Let them grow and move the pots into the tank for a few days to a week before swapping them for another pot. If you have a lot of potted plants, you can keep the aquarium looking nice and let the fish eat the plants. The plants might recover when outdoors or you can grow more.

Duckweed is a small floating plant that grows rapidly. You can have that growing outdoors in a pond or container of water and scoop some out each week to add to the aquarium for the fish to eat.

Most reactions

Back