A Random Question

reeeedfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What if anything do you have on your aquarium top? I know that I keep my net and algae scraper on top. What is on your top?

I don't even have a top on mine right now. But when I did I would keep some fish food that's it. But that was only one tank.

Depends on the tank. One has nothing. THe other has HBH African Attack , HBH Sprinula Pellets, and a med with a name that escapes me. Another tank has Brine Shrimp w/ Sprinula (freeze dried), Marine Flakes ( I dont even have marine fish!), Sprinula/garlic flakes, Earthworm flakes ect.

Dust.......

.........lots of dust.

Oh! and my alarm clock! Its got to be on the other side of the room or else I won't get up.

One thing that I have noticed here is people keeping fish food on the top of the tank. The heat from the hood lighting will not help the food stay nutitious longer. It will remove much of the nutrient value of the fish in a fairly short time. Before people jump in to tell me that you make flakes with heat, that is correct and is why freeze dried or frozen foods are generally more nutritious than comparable flake food.

One has nothing and the other has a hand towel, 2 measuring cups and a direction nozzel from the Hydor Koralia. Everything else goes underneath, as that's why I paid for a cupboard and not just a stand. :good:

72Gal has nothing on top right now, although it is favoured by a kitty!
33Gal has nothing either (for a change)
8Gal has air pump on top (for sponge filters)
13Gal has some blue coarse foam, floss, a divider slide, a couple of pieces of paper, some plastic mesh, the cover from the 1.8gal, a funnel, a turkey baster, a barbecque fork and 2 nets - well you did ask!
1.8Gal doesn't have a cover on atm (see above)

Food, although having read oldman's post, I may just move it to underneath the cabinet :blink:

There's nothing on mine because my cat likes to walk around the room on them.

Pandora1.jpg

... some blue coarse foam, floss, a divider slide, a couple of pieces of paper, some plastic mesh, the cover from the 1.8gal, a funnel, a turkey baster, a barbecque fork and 2 nets

That sounds like the shopping list for a great friday night
biggrin.gif

ahem, on topic mine is open top so i find most things get wet.
wacko.gif

mine has a fish net and algae scraper on one tank , on the other it just has random junk ontop of it.

Most reactions

Back