A Little Fishy

Fishalotti

Reaction score
I decided it was time to be active on some fish forums again. Following a few FB groups just doesn't cut it. Also, I found that my old angel fish forum favorites are either gone or have gone quiet. My history... I've had fish constantly since 1993 I think. Back in 2007-2010 I built up a fish room in my garage where I had over 40 aquariums and 1100 gallons of water and I was raising freshwater angelfish. I shut it down mostly for financial reasons. I was known as "Jay from Indiana" on the Pet Fish Talk podcast, where I called in frequently for a couple of those years. I also go by Fishalotti. Here's an interim picture of the fishroom I had before It got even crazier (too bad I don't have good pics of the final stage):

IMG_5095.JPG

After selling off the fishroom, I kept my nice 75 gallon show tank in the house and nothing else. I set about doing all the house projects that hadn't been touched in 3 years and then we had 2 kids. I held this nagging feeling that I never completed the fishroom, having stopped short. I had always thought I should be making videos of it while I was building it up originally. Fast forward 10 years and I recently repurchased some of the equipment from the person who bought it from me. Most of the good stuff was gone, having been stolen from his place, but at least I got a boatload of PVC fittings, my old air pump and some tanks. Ok, it was couple pickup loads worth of stuff. I've got 2 tanks up in my old fishroom (garage) now and I've made a few videos. It might not take long for me to get back to 10-20 tanks. I'm not sure what all I'll be putting in the tanks yet, but want to try things I've never tried before.

From reading the rules, I'm unclear if I can even post a link to my YouTube channel here. It's nowhere near being monetized but it sure would be nice if it was someday. Fishy stuff is what I love, there's no doubt about that!

I'm excited to be going off the deep end once again. It was a lot of fun last time.

This thing keeps underlining "fishroom". We need to lobby to make that a word!

Most reactions

Back