A couple of raised scales? Opinions?

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You can't really see it very well but there are like 3-5 raised scales under Blueberry's head (near the bottom gill area). I think it was there before but I never really paid much attention to it until now. What could it be?

Water parameters are normal (tested the water a couple of days beforehand and I've been doing water changes for the past 2 days).

He's around 2-4 years old.

screenshot.png

Sorry for the bad photo, the lighting isn't the best.

You can't really see it very well but there are like 3-5 raised scales under Blueberry's head (near the bottom gill area). I think it was there before but I never really paid much attention to it until now. What could it be?

Water parameters are normal (tested the water a couple of days beforehand and I've been doing water changes for the past 2 days).

He's around 2-4 years old.

View attachment 144570

Sorry for the bad photo, the lighting isn't the best.
A Blueberry

These are the best photos I could really get

bettascales.jpeg
IMG-0092.jpeg
IMG-0095.jpeg

(The white things on the first photo are just stuff on the glass, not on the fish)

I'm kind of concerned about it being dropsy since on the last two pictures you can kind of see that the sides aren't completely smooth and the scales seem to be poking out by the tiniest amount. Not sure if I'm overreacting since it's hardly noticeable...

Most reactions

Back