92 Gallon Corner Tank

Rlon35

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have added all my discus tank mates for this 92 gallon corner. It is a lower tech planted tsank with a play sand substrate. I just upgraded the filtration to a monster of a Fluval FX5. The outflow goes in two directions, so a placed it in the rear middle so that water flow shoots along each side. WELL, everyplant in the tank is moving. My large angel looks stressed and fatigued. Can discus handle the outflow of this particular filter, in this particular tank??? Please answer based on thsi and not issues concerning plants, substrate, or tankmates. The water flow seems excessive, and I don't want to stock the tank with species that will perish.

with my fx5 i have the outlet right in the corner, and then i have one pointing straight into the glass and the other directly up, as my plants just get pushed other otherwise.

If your fish are stressing out you might want to do something to lessen the flow. Discus don't like too much water movment.

There needs to be places in the tank where the Discus can rest. I agree, turn the outlet closer to tank side in order to disperse current.

Most reactions

Back