850litre tank!! 5x3x2

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
well here is my lovely new addition, sorry it's not all set up.

my dads ordered in the wood to build the frame so it might have water in by the end of the week or might take longer, well here it is with the sump(30x15x22(at highest point))....

Attachments

• DSCN3954.JPG
    DSCN3954.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 75
and the tank it's self, it was a bit hard to get the whole tank in 1 picture!!!

plus it's standing on it's end at the moment.

Attachments

• DSCN3955.JPG
    DSCN3955.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 83
kind of like CFC's stocking...

large predactory catfish, birchirs, eels, oddballs and probable a few large cichlids.

Nice Tank paul v biker :)

Dont forget to show pics of the tank building process and stocking so you have a whole album of the full process from start to finish.

Cant wait to see it stocked.

Good luck

T

Oh yer, don't you woprry, plenty of pictures to come!!

I was tempted to load up the sump with the media but deicded to keept the tank lightish instead!!

Yeah photos are misleading it doesnt look like it is hugely bigger than my 400 +litre, buts it is twice the size!!!

Lucky bugger... wish my dad was as enthusiastic.

lol it was hard to get a shot to get it full on.

my dad isn't really but he knows if i made the stand there's alot of water that could go ever where and he's all for getting it cheaper as he's ordering the wood thorugh work (furniture maker)

Nice paul.....

......when it is set up, I may have to run up the A12 for a look!

Have you calculated what the weight with water/decorations etc will be?

yer you might have to do that when it's atleast half stocked should be quite a site!!

in the convertos and tables pinned topic i used the calcualator and the water will weigh abou 1900 lbs.

the tank is a fair old lump made out of 12mm glass and a double base!!

so i reakon when it's all up and running it will weigh about 2.3-2.5 tonne?

I hope you've got a solid floor mate!! :lol: Nice looking tank though, looking forward to seeing it stocked!

I sure have it's going in part of the 7yr old extension which has a solid concrete floor...ideal :D

i can' wait to get it set up in the first place...let alone stock it!!

Most reactions

Back