7X2.5X2.5 Tank And All Equipment

rayzz

Reaction score
Equipment make/model/size: custom made tank, cabinet and hood, made by aquastands in the midlands. 7x2.5x2.5 and all equipment, sump, pumps, heaters, lights, 4 outlet air pump, ro filter etc
Quantity for sale:1
Reason for Sale:selling up
Delivery or Collection: collection, will need a big luton tail lift truck or similar
Sales price:best offer over £1000
Postage & Packaging: n/a
Photograph:
tank1.jpg

tank is just over 1000 litres, sump holds around 250 litres (3x2x18) and around 150 litres of media, running on two 7000lph pumps which together turnover around 12000 lph with the 1.4 metre head, water runs over two 6x6" 22" tall wiers at either rear end of the tank, outlet pipes are 50mm tmc marine grade pvc, and return pipes are 32mm pvc, entering the tank via a full length 32mm spray bar. has 2 double 52 watt t5 light units with two marine blue and two white tubes, comes with a powerful 4 outlet air pump, 3x 300 watt heaters and a 50gpd ro filter, sump has overflow so can be set up to do constant water changes with the ro filter, also comes with around 40kg of (very expensive) black fine gravel substrate (1-2mm grains).
also i had made a custom led system that contains blue and white led strips that run the whole length of the tank that can be controlled via a remote control, i have never installed it as i haven't had time but i have set it all up and works very well and very bright.
any questions just ask.
cheers...

If only i had the cash!

Quick question buddy, what sort of floor do you have the tank sitting on? have you had any work done to the floor to hold the tank weight?

its a concrete floor so no need for extra support, obviously on a wooden floor you'd have to reinforce the joists, you got to remember 1 litre of water weighs kilogram, thats over a ton just in water, the tank weighs over 250 kg, so i'd hazard a guess at 1.5 ton at least as an overall weight.
a thousand pounds is a lot of cash to anybody, but it cost me well over double that to do all the work, and it was converted and resealed only around 6 weeks ago, it would have probably cost me another 500-600 pound if i hadn't of done the drilling and all the work myself.
cheers.

Most reactions

Back