6x2x2 Empty, Looking At Getting A Pair Of Oscars.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

littleimp

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Am looking at getting a couple of oscars for my currently empty 6x2x2. It currently has 2 x fluval fx-5's as filtration and t5 lighting. I assume this would be enough.

Is sand substrate ok.

What's a good choice of decor as research tells me they don't like plants.

Would a pleco + a few clown loaches be ok in this too?

If my calculations are correct, that's a 180 US gallon tank. If that's correct...you'll be fine. I'd be careful though, as Oscar will fight if they are a matched pair or not.

Sand substrate will be fine, they don't really care much what you have in there. They'll find a way to move it around until their happy with it.

Plants...you can take or leave. I have live ones in my tank with Ody. Some of them he knocks over, others he eats.

I'd be careful with other fish, to be honest, just because Oscars do sleep at night. If you get some noturnal fish, then they will drive the Oscar a bit nuts.

Lighting won't matter, really. They don't really like a lot of light, so unless you need it for plants...you won't really need to worry much.

if your going to put a pleco in with the O's I would get a common Plecostomus at a full grown size so the O's don't gulp him up.

best bet is to buy 6 juvys then grow them up togther see who pairs of n return the others....clowns you would need to get large ones straight of they take for ever to grow :shifty: plecs go large..filtration high..those fx5 are ment to be the bees knees :good:

Most reactions

Back