:( :( :( :( :(

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this guy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
DSaw this gorgeues hammer/anchor coral and I really regret not getting it. Are they hard to keep and did I make a good choice not getting it as I really am kicking my self atm.

I rock with softies instead :(

DID I DO SUMMIN STUPID

Isn't Hammer Coral almost the same thing as Frogspawn and Torch coral? It's a very beautiful coral, but it's aggressive, and you have to keep it away from other things. And at night, it extends its sweeper tentacles and will sting anything nearby. It looks good, but unless you have lots of free tank space away from your softies, you did the right thing by passing on it.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di....cfm?pCatId=485

Cool thanks - and my old toadstool is being realyly weird all small and shrunk - is this probab;y due to me moving it today. SHould I just leave it for a wee k and aftera while will it be back to normal?

You dont want a hammer in a small tank. It needs strongl ighting and its sweeper tenticles can stretch over 6" anything near it will get stung (even fish)

o ok. The rock I bought cost 59 pound as it had two corals growing of it. A finger leather and some lylic hard one. But I know regret not getting this other coral

Man i get so stressed

There are other LPS,(What the hammer, frogspawn,anchor is), that are almost as readily kept under the same conditions as softies are. The Elegance and bubble corals can be kept with moderate light and water movement, but your tank mudt be welllll established.

Ricordias and Zoos are what I think I would focus on with a smaller tank.

And Green Star polyps are almost as bulletproof and forgiving as mushrooms are.

GL

Most reactions

Back