5gal Potential Betta Tank :)

guppy_man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Only set it up a week ago for a betta, but maybe another species?

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

The plants are off-cuts from my other tanks, so nothing special.
I've left atleast 2 1/2 inches, do you think a betta can jump that?, if so ill have to make a seethrough cover.

Dont know why a betta would want to jump that is very stunning!, you going to add a apple snail or something aswell?

thanks, i'm not too keen on snails, i dont mind them, but i just dont see the point in keeping one as a pet. They haven't exactly got character lol

thanks, i'm not too keen on snails, i dont mind them, but i just dont see the point in keeping one as a pet. They haven't exactly got character lol

I find my apple snail has loads of personality! They can be quite amusing. Often mine will climb to the top of a leaf and sail off of it to the substrate like some sort of Hollywood stunt-man! :rolleyes: lol. They are very endearing creatures. :nod:

hmmm, still not sure about snails :unsure: , maybe a bamboo shrimp or amano?

Yeh Shrimps are nice too, I just like the look of golden apple snails :p Might have tog et myself a 5 gallon, where did you get that from and how much/??

When i first started fishkeeping, started breeding guppies, (as my name suggests), i knew someone who was into fishkeeping also, and asked them if they had a spare small tank, and they gave me 2, the other is 4gallons, both with lids and both for free :D

I bought the hangon filter for £10, and the light £15 off ebay.

I'd imagine they'd cost around £10 just for the tank.

When i first started fishkeeping, started breeding guppies, (as my name suggests), i knew someone who was into fishkeeping also, and asked them if they had a spare small tank, and they gave me 2, the other is 4gallons, both with lids and both for free :D

I bought the hangon filter for £10, and the light £15 off ebay.

I'd imagine they'd cost around £10 just for the tank.

Cool Thanks, I liked your hang on filter as it dosent take up any Room in the tank which makes it extra nice:p

hmmm, still not sure about snails :unsure: , maybe a bamboo shrimp or amano?

Nice looking tank :good:

If your thinking about shrimp for the tank I would consider something that will breed in fresh water like cherry shrimp, crystal red shrimp, tiger shrimp, or bumblebee shrimp rather than anamo. I've seen all of these for sale online, and cherry in several LFS.

I think the tank may be a bit small for a bamboo shrimp... Apparently they can grow up to 10cm and like mature tanks.

Looks good

Just a tip though, if you do get a betta you might want to do the cut-up-coke-bottle trick to divert the flow from that filter - the way its just dropping down like that its gonna blow the little guy around the tank, and push him right down if he's silly enough to swim under it. I had the same thing with the filters on my betta tanks but solved it with the coke bottle - now my bettas get stiller water but still have a filter. Calmer water - much happier bettas.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back