5g tank re-scape.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hey guys! I spent about 3 hours yesterday doing multiple fish tank cleanups.

My 5g tank was looking VERY sad:
P1070466.JPG

So I figured I would re-scape it! I took all of the sand out, all of that nasty stuff. I cleaned the filter completely, scrubbed glass, etc.

Tell me what you think!
F30B427F-98C4-4D56-BC11-2EC845264C72.jpeg

(Please no comment on how my tank is terribly stocked. I know I need more zebra danios, I just don’t have the room)

If I can find a cheap/free tank, I will be moving her over and getting more.

Note: It doesn't look the best right now, as the plants haven't taken off yet. ;)

Hi.
I think it looks so nice, I would add more plants and some driftwood maybe, but I understand that the tank is already quite small and also the plants will grow more.
It looks so neat and nice! :)

Hi.
I think it looks so nice, I would add more plants and some driftwood maybe, but I understand that the tank is already quite small and also the plants will grow more.
It looks so neat and nice! :)
Thanks!

I know the tank is small. She is a rescue fish and its the only tank i got. I'm hoping to get a bigger tank (20g plus) so I can put her in that and get more. :/

Thanks!

I know the tank is small. She is a rescue fish and its the only tank i got. I'm hoping to get a bigger tank (20g plus) so I can put her in that and get more. :/

Yes! She will be so happy with all the others. :)
At least she now has a good temporary home while you try to find another larger tank. :fish:

View attachment 107155
So I figured I would re-scape it! I took all of the sand out, all of that nasty stuff. I cleaned the filter completely, scrubbed glass, etc.

Tell me what you think!
View attachment 107154
(Please no comment on how my tank is terribly stocked. I know I need more zebra danios, I just don’t have the room)

Note: It doesn't look the best right now, as the plants haven't taken off yet. ;)
Definitely looks more "tidy". Looking good! I like the stone. Is that dragon stone? I agree, some driftwood and a few more plants and it will be amazing!

Definitely looks more "tidy". Looking good! I like the stone. Is that dragon stone? I agree, some driftwood and a few more plants and it will be amazing!
Thanks! Yes, that is dragon stone. Had that one piece left from my other tanks, I figured, why not?

I will add more Anacharis tonight. :)

Thanks! Yes, that is dragon stone. Had that one piece left from my other tanks, I figured, why not?

I will add more Anacharis tonight. :)
I love the look of dragon stone and I really wanted it for my tank, but I had a hard time finding it in any pet stores around me. I could have bought it online, but it was a bit expensive.

I love the look of dragon stone and I really wanted it for my tank, but I had a hard time finding it in any pet stores around me. I could have bought it online, but it was a bit expensive.
Wow, really? They have loads of it at my LFS. I got around 5 pounds (4 good sized pieces and 4-5 smaller pieces) for $12. That was pretty good IMO.

But yes, I do love the look of it. :nod:

Wow, really? They have loads of it at my LFS. I got around 5 pounds (4 good sized pieces and 4-5 smaller pieces) for $12. That was pretty good IMO.

But yes, I do love the look of it. :nod:
That is a pretty good deal! I believe that what I found was more expensive online and then you would have to add shipping to that... So, oh well... I can always add some down the road.... Or, better yet, get another tank to "scape" with dragon stone!! LOL:p

That is a pretty good deal! I believe that what I found was more expensive online and then you would have to add shipping to that... So, oh well... I can always add some down the road.... Or, better yet, get another tank to "scape" with dragon stone!! LOL:p
I have looked online, and they are quite expensive. :/

Yep :/ ..... BUT... I do plan on getting a 10-20 gallon Nano tank setup down the road and I can see a small amount of dragon stone in the tank with live plants, some Ember Tetras, microrasboras and Cherry Red Shrimp. :)
That sounds cool! A little goes a long way. :)

View attachment 107155

Tell me what you think!
View attachment 107154

Gorgeous! What did you do substrate-wise? I can't tell.

Most reactions

Back