55g Big Enough?

Joeballz

Reaction score
Im suppose to be getting for free (2) 5-6 inch red belly piranha's. There currently in a 55g at my friends house. Im looking to buy a new 55g setup this week also. The 55g im getting is 48L x 13W X 20H. Is this a good size tank for 2 piranha's? Im new to piranha's so im still doing a lot of research here....thanks for reading!!

you need a biger tank as they ideally need to be in bigger groups to stop aggression

far far to small, these fish can grow to 12", a 13" wide tank is no where near big enough. 48" x 18" x 18" minimum for four fish so a standard 75 us gallon tank is fine. Dont recommend keeping two, you will very likely end up with one. keep one on its own or 4 or more.

I would sya 75 gallons is too small too...After a recent visit to some sea life centres I saw some HUGE red belly's.

I would sya 75 gallons is too small too...After a recent visit to some sea life centres I saw some HUGE red belly's.

The general consenus is 75 gallons MINIMUM for FOUR adult red bellies. 48" x 18" x 18" minimum. Can be argued its too small but that is the general rule in the hobby.

Most reactions

Back