50gallon tigerbarb tank 36inch long

kikoskie666

Reaction score
i currently have 50gal tank with 12tigerbarb 2panda cory, im planning to add maybe 4-5 zebra danios is it possible? is it overstocked? thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_110837_921.jpg
    IMG_20230924_110837_921.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20231005_111236_788.jpg
    IMG_20231005_111236_788.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 38
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
How often do you feed the fish and what do you feed them?

You could probably add some more fish if you do regular water changes and the filter is established.

You want to put a thin layer of sand on the bottom of the tank and some floating plants like Water Sprite.

If you don't have a picture on the back of the tank you should put something on that. You can buy aquarium backings or just tape some newspaper, coloured card or a plastic bin liner to the outside on the back.

Corydoras do best in groups of at least 6 so get a couple more of them after you add some sand.

Danios do best in groups of 10 or more. Get short fin Danios and not long fin Danios.

Following up from Colin's post...you need to first increase the Corydoras, they must have a group, but I would not go below 12-15 in a tank this size. And they must have a soft sand substrate.

The Tiger Barbs at 12 in this tank are fine. The danios need 10-12, but I would deal with the cories first, as they are being impacted by both numbers and substrate.

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
How often do you feed the fish and what do you feed them?

You could probably add some more fish if you do regular water changes and the filter is established.

You want to put a thin layer of sand on the bottom of the tank and some floating plants like Water Sprite.

If you don't have a picture on the back of the tank you should put something on that. You can buy aquarium backings or just tape some newspaper, coloured card or a plastic bin liner to the outside on the back.

Corydoras do best in groups of at least 6 so get a couple more of them after you add some sand.

Danios do best in groups of 10 or more. Get short fin Danios and not long fin Danios.
good day thanks po the reply im planning to trade my corydoras to a bristlenose pleco and sir if i dont add substrate is it be a problem later on? sorry about that iam really new to this so maybe this, 12 tigerbarb, 10zeb danio and 1bristlenose pleco, i do wc 1x a week 30-40% i have ohf with a 2200lph pump

Following up from Colin's post...you need to first increase the Corydoras, they must have a group, but I would not go below 12-15 in a tank this size. And they must have a soft sand substrate.

The Tiger Barbs at 12 in this tank are fine. The danios need 10-12, but I would deal with the cories first, as they are being impacted by both numbers and substrate.
36x19x18inch dimension of tank i add another picture i really not into substrate sir maybe this ill trade my corydoras to a bristlenose and add 10zeb danio is it ok sir?

All fish need a substrate so they can't see their reflection on the bottom of the tank.

You could have a bristlenose and the Corydoras if you like, but again you need something on the bottom for the bristlenose, Corydoras, tiger barbs and danios.

if i dont add substrate is it be a problem later on?

Yes it will. The substrate is the biological bed of a healthy aquarium. Various species of bacteria live in the substrate (and some of them not in the filter) and it is important to maintain the tank, and deal with bacterial issues. Every tank needs a substrate. Some fish need soft sand, like cories, loaches, etc, so that is the most useful substrate as all fish are fine with it. In a normal buff tone, never pure white or black.

Sand that is made of smooth tiny particles. Sand that is not sharp.

do tanks really need a substrate? my next tank will not have one and a lot of discus keepers, monster fish keepers dont have a substrate and get on just fine. Saying that I would have a substrate with corys
They have benefits and drawbacks like everything else but I don't think that you can say every fish needs a substrate surely?

OP why do you want to replace the corys with a bristelnose? Both great fish but you will get more movement out of the corys they are lovely fish in a little group

Most reactions

Back