3d Backgrounds Anymore?

rewd

Reaction score
Anyone use realistic 3D backgrounds in their tanks? I've never been one for backgrounds but I really like the ones on this site... http://www.aquaterra-intl.com/ I think they would make an awesome amazon river themed planted tank. Problem is, I can't find anywhere to buy anything like this.

If anyone uses backgrounds like this I'd love to see pictures of your tanks.

This place sells 'Back to Nature' backgrounds and ships worldwide. Expensive though. I'm sure they have a UK distributor but have never seen them on sale over here. I considered one but went with a £5 roll of black fablon instead!

Aqaristikshop backgrounds

Anyone use realistic 3D backgrounds in their tanks? I've never been one for backgrounds but I really like the ones on this site... http://www.aquaterra-intl.com/ I think they would make an awesome amazon river themed planted tank. Problem is, I can't find anywhere to buy anything like this.

If anyone uses backgrounds like this I'd love to see pictures of your tanks.

My lfs has those backgrounds, if I had the right shape tank, I'd be very tempted (maybe my next project!) I think they look fantastic. I'm going there at the weekend and will see how much they are and ask if they have a website, if you like.
Good luck.

Hi

Take a look at the journal link in my sig for pictures of a structured background in a planted tank

HTH

I'm not sure what brand my background is as I bought the tank second hand but here's a pic of mine;

tank.jpg

It kinda looks like rocks with lots of little fake plants stuck on it, and there is also a sort of bridge effect bit that the fish can swim under(if that makes sense), my male senegalus likes laying on it as it stretches about and 2 inches over the bottom of the tank in certain parts. Also my air pump connects to a tube at the top and comes out of a stone thats built in to a sort of cylinder shaped bit of fake rock at the bottom(I'm awful at describing things), I'll try to get some better pics of it close up.

Ok here is the bridge, I've outlined it in red so you can see it and also a little arrow so you can see where they swim under;

bridge2.jpg

bridge.jpg

Here is the cylinder of fake rock where the air comes out, first with the bubbles;

withbubbles.jpg

and without;
withoutbubbles.jpg

Here is my female senegalus partially on the bit of the background that rests on the bottom;

bottomcover.jpg

Most reactions

Back