3.5 Gallon Tank

ellamarie

Reaction score
I have a question for more seasoned fish keepers. When I was younger I got an aquaponics tank and its around 3.5 gallons. Now that I know more about fish I know that size isn't suitable for the fish I kept in there, but is there anything I could put into it without being cruel to the fish?

I would really like more fish but I can't exactly go out and buy more tanks at the moment, and as someone who hasn't always had the most money I would hate to see a somewhat decent space go to waste.

(I am open to most aquatic animals that aren't fish as well.)

Neocaridina shrimp would be great :) they'll be able to have a relatively nice colony in it provided you give the right parameters. Neos are more hardy and wide ranging in terms of parameters, but if you have particularly soft water, you may want to consider caridina

I second shrimps too, If you can get a hold on your current water parameters, You can get these on your city or water provider web page.

Ideal Water Parameters for Neocaridina Shrimp.
Temperature: 65°F to 85°F
pH: 6.4 to 8.0
kH: 0 – 10 dKH
gH: 4 – 14 dGH

Ideal Water Parameters for Caridina Shrimp.
Temperature: 65°F to 74°F
pH: 6.0 to 6.8
kH: 0 – 1 dKH
gH: 3 – 6 dGH

Whatever fits your water parameters is going to be lots of fun ! They are witty and curious little creatures.

Most reactions

Back