250l Tropical Planted Tank

what new fish did you get??
how much were the discus. they must be expensive!!
love what you have done with your tank over time.!well done :good:

hey guys, sorry about the delay in the pics... again, i have had a busy week with work and have been absolutely exhausted when i get home...

however, i can report that my new addition, a fire dragon discus is settling in quite nicely... :) i love him... and they other boy does not seem to mind him at all which is good...

now i played around with my lights and came up with a few good shots under the different conditions... sorry, i kind of went mental with the camera this week, i hope you don't mind that.. :p

Untitled-1-11.jpg

Untitled-2-6.jpg

Untitled-6-2.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11-1.jpg

Untitled-13-1.jpg

Untitled-14-1.jpg

Untitled-16-1.jpg

Untitled-3-3.jpg

Untitled-4-3.jpg

Untitled-5-3.jpg

Untitled-7-2.jpg

Untitled-8-2.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

I hope you enjoy and comments are welcome

tanks;

Alex

Great looking tank. Alot of variety in there. Good work!!

hey guys. long time.

sorry about the delay, been a bit busy. so anyway, thought i should update you on my tank. well.. here it is. a bit of a change, but... i like it.

These are photo's from my phone, sorry about the crappy quality. I'll have better ones tonight

Untitled-1-12.jpg

Untitled-2-7.jpg

Untitled-3-4.jpg

Untitled-4-4.jpg

Untitled-5-4.jpg

Untitled-6-3.jpg

Hey guys, sorry about the delay in the better quality pics, had a few issues around the place that needed attention before i could get a spare few min take these few babies.

Now, if you have been following this thread thus far, you will notice that every few months, i change the tanks layout dramatically. Simply put, i can not stand to see something going un-changed for a few weeks or months... that and the girlfriend wanting something new ;) so... i guess its about time that ripped everything out and went down a different track. Well. Here it is. you may have seen the other pics form a few weeks back, and sorry about the quality of those ones, but this is what it looks like today.

For taking the pictures, i felt that it had a better effect, and the camera seemed to like it more with a single actinic on, and the sera plant glo tube on to have that pinkish, white contrast.

well, judge for yourself, but i think the tank has come up a treat... it is clean, not to pact with plants, but enough to create a great landscape...

oh and i kind of went a bit nuts with the camera... whoops.. :p

Untitled-1-13.jpg

Untitled-6-4.jpg

Untitled-10-1.jpg

Untitled-11-2.jpg

Untitled-12-2.jpg

Untitled-13-2.jpg

Untitled-14-2.jpg

Untitled-15-2.jpg

Untitled-16-2.jpg

Untitled-17-1.jpg

Untitled-2-8.jpg

Untitled-3-5.jpg

Untitled-4-5.jpg

Untitled-5-5.jpg

Untitled-7-3.jpg

Untitled-8-3.jpg

Untitled-9-1.jpg

Cheers, and comments are welcome... :)

Your tank is looking fab and the discus are stunning, I especially like the blue one! :wub:

Keep up the good work!

Saz

Nice setup, you should really have 2 tanks, I think that would look just fine.
Looks very clean too, with a good stocking.

First off.... VERY nice tank! I have like every change you have done. Each one looks better than the previous.

I have a question if you don't mind. I am a newb to fish keeping so bear with me. When you change the tank around, what do you do with the fish? Do you leave them in the tank while your redesigning the aquascape?

Most reactions

Back