25 G Tank

Greener

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So in my 25 G tank at the moment I have a pleco, 1 gold gourami, 1 blue gourami, 1 blue paradise gourami and 1 opaline gourami. Do you think it would be ok to put in 2 or 3 dwarf gouramies?

i read somewhere that the rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per gallon of water. so i suppose it depends on how big your fish will grow.
the plec could get to 12 inches easy although you don't say what type it is. the gourami's you have can grow to 3-4 inches each i think.
This would mean that your tank is optimally stocked as it is if you have a plec that will reach this large size.
having said that
if you have a really good external filter then I think you would be ok adding 2-3 dwarfs.
does anybody else agree?
i'm definitely not an expert so don't take my word as gospel!
hope it helps though
Lu

I've learned that the 1"/gallon rule only applies to a point, and that pretty much cuts off at 15 gallon tanks.

I believe the more primary concren should be the characteristics of the fish you already have. If any of them are aggressive as is, they'll probably be so towards new, and much smaller tankmates. However, adding those few might balance out the "many" aspect of the gouramis' "few or many" rule.

I guess it would help people more if they knew what type of pleco you're dealing with. Otherwise, try and get a few more replies I suppose, and perhaps pay attention to the temperment of the tank.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back