24 Carat Gold

bolty

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here's my little jag when i first got him.

1.jpg

And here he is after being with me.
SPA50477.jpg

And here he is with his ex-wife
love.jpg

They split up after they moved into their new home.
SPA50957.jpg

leaving him with their kids..
morefry.jpg

haha excellent pics, what was wrong with him in the first pic?

haha excellent pics, what was wrong with him in the first pic?

The lady that had him before me had him in a 7ft fish tank, along with a 30in arowana, a 2ft tiger shovelnose and I can't remember if it was 3 or 4+ common plecs, along with about an inch of rotted seafood mix, (muscles, prawns and squid,) on the bottom of the fish tank. So that leaves me thinking that it was amonia burn that got to him.

yo dude i always love seeing him, his wife and some kids are doing great :good:

glad to hear it. Now all you've got to do is grow those babies out to monster size! :good:

you did well to save him he looks fantastic now even for a devorcee :) what happened to the other poor fish in that tank?

you did well to save him he looks fantastic now even for a devorcee :) what happened to the other poor fish in that tank?
To be honest I wouldn't have a clue, although I did see the arowana on ebay for £30 but the auction ended with no bids.

what kind of fish is that?its a realy lovely colour..!!great pics :good:

That fish would be a Xanthic morph of the Parachromis managuensis, Jaguar, Managua, aztec cichlid

Xanthic: Predominantly yellow color morph.

Thanks for the comment.
wikneye.gif

are his babies going to be leusistic?

no Leucistic = lacking or mostly lacking chromatophores. Not a true albino (ie: colored eyes).

Leucistic ios a diff thing all2gether

my jag fry should be heterozygous, the dominant colour is normal jag but the Xanthic gene is there but only as a recessice trait, the fry will have to be bred back to the Xanthic male i have to bring it out!

are his babies going to be leusistic?
thats a long word :) i had to look it up :lol:

hear you go, next time you need to look-up a colour "morph" you can look in hear :good:
Albino: Lacking pigment.

Amelanistic: lacking melanin (black pigment).

Aposematic: Warning coloration.

Chromophores: Cells responsible for holding pigment.
Xanthophores: produce yellow pigment.
Erythrophores: produce red pigment.
Melanophores: produce black pigment (melanin).
Iridophores: Hold no color pigment but, hold highly reflective non-motile purine crystals that yield silver irridescent reflections.
Leucophores: Hold no color pigment. Motile purine crystals produce white pigment.
Cyanophores: produce blue pigment.

Erythristic: Predominantly red morph.

Flavistic: Sepia-toned background color.

Leucistic: lacking or mostly lacking chromatophores. Not a true albino (ie: colored eyes).

Melanistic: dark or near black (some markings can still be visible).

Piebald: Having patches of white.

Polymorphic: Having a natural variation within a single species. (eg: blue motoro ray is a polymorph of the standard non-blue motoro ray)

Tyrosinase-Negative Albinism: An albino whose cells lack tyrosinase (enzyme that synthesizes melanin) yielding a pale-white to creamy animal with pink eyes.

Tyrosinase-Positive Albinism: Synthesizes tyrosinase but, not melanin yielding a fawn or lavender (platinum) color.

Xanthic: Predominantly yellow color morph.

Most reactions

Back