20L - What Can Go In?

Fontaine

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll be picking up a 20L tank tomorrow, which I plan to put my 3 Balloon Mollies in (I have 1 male and 2 female), once I've done a fishless cycle, of course!

My question is, will I be able to fit any of my other fish in there?

I was hoping to move either my 6 Rummy-nose Tetra or my 6 Glowlight Tetra in with the BMs, if space/waste management allows.

What are your thoughts?

Do you mean 20 gallon as 20 litres is too small for balloon mollies

Nope, it's an Aqua One 300 - 20L.

So you're saying I can't even fit 3 BM's in there?

Although balloon mollies stay smaller than regular ones, they can still get to 2-2/12 inches, so a 20 litre isn't nearly enough space for 3 of them

How about my tetra? If I put them in instead of the Mollies?How many of those could fit in there?

It's too small for the tetra too
If I were you, I'd not get that tank & save up for a bigger one.

What's the smallest size you guys think would be suitable for just my 3 balloon mollies?

A 65 litre would probably be big round for three mollies, a group of tetra and a bristlenose plec.

Incidentally your 110l is way too small for your clown loach, bala sharks or your gibbiceps. You're looking at a huge tank for those guys, maybe a 6 footer, 400 litres or so. You may be best off re-homing them, as your tank would be fully stocked even without them.

Incidentally your 110l is way too small for your clown loach, bala sharks or your gibbiceps. You're looking at a huge tank for those guys, maybe a 6 footer, 400 litres or so. You may be best off re-homing them, as your tank would be fully stocked even without them.

We're looking to upgradeto a 6-footer, if not an 8-footer, as soon as financially possible! :)

We're looking to upgradeto a 6-footer, if not an 8-footer, as soon as financially possible! :)

When you do, please make sure you do a journal with lots of pictures, I love watching big tanks being created!

I think I shall have to!

The internal filter on my current Juwel 110 litre tank doesn't really do much to convince me it's working correctly, so I'm looking at picking up a Fluval 205 external filter, and ripping out the old internal. May have to document that palava!

Most reactions

Back