200L . . .

cheekysbabe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
G'day everyone.

I'm setting up a 200L tropical fish tank. But the thing is I dont just want the same fish you see in every tank. I'm looking for really weird fish.

Please let me know what really weird fish you would put in a 200L. If you have pic's of these fish please post.

Thanks.

Well you could go to the oddball section as these have different shapes of fish, maybe fish like:
Puffers
Eels
Birchir (dinasour eel)
goby's
Snakehead - http://i.pbase.com/u47/pschia/large/30422289.Channastewartii01m.jpg
Oscars

However you cannot keep all of these together but you could go to the oddball section and they will give you more advice on which fish to keep.

Well you could go to the oddball section as these have different shapes of fish, maybe fish like:
Puffers
Eels
Birchir (dinasour eel)
goby's
Oscars

However you cannot keep all of these together but you could go to the oddball section and they will give you more advice on which fish to keep.

You can't keep Oscars in a 200L. Minimum size for one alone is 300L. Also, the bichirs and eels will get too big for that tank, and probably the snakehead.

Puffers
Eels
Birchir (dinasour eel)
goby's
Oscars

You can't keep Oscars in a 200L. Minimum size for one alone is 300L. Also, the bichirs and eels will get too big for that tank, and probably the snakehead.

Sorry I was just trying to give a different variety of oddball but yeah Oscars and Snakeheads will definitely out grow that tank as most snakeheads will grow to 3-5'.
However, the peacock eel should be fine as they only grow to a maximum of 12" and most times not even that in an aquarium. Puffers a good way to go, if you want to make it brackish then you could keep puffers like green spotted or figure 8s or for tropical South american puffers or Dwarf puffers are suitable but not kept together.

Best to goto the oddball sections for better advice like I said before!

There are plenty of suitable snakeheads. You want to search for someone called nelly on here. He could steer you in the right direction.

There are also lots of relatively un common cichlids you can have in there. Jack Dempsey, Blue Acara, Firemouth, T-Bar and Keyholes just to name a few of the more common ones.
Slightly less common ones would be fish like honduran red points.

As stated you have quite an array of channa aka snakehead's to choose from, these fish are great provided you find the one's to suit you, this is a page i started but havent done more to it for a long time,you will see all the channa are or were mine,
Nelly's snakeheadz...click here

But you do have quite a choice depending on what you want, for example halfbanded spiney eel's are great fun little eel's, puffer's which most iam unsure of but one true freshwater contender is the dwarf puffer which i have two of,

Then you could look at things like badis badis or the south american leaf fish

That wasn't the OP who mentioned that snake head. And I wasnt refering to that one anyways. Just making the point that there are many snakeheads suitable.

http://www.freewebs.com/snakeheadsuk/dwarfchanna.htm

It was the other poster - diz04 - that mentioned a particular snakehead being suitable. That one can grow to 10". Did you not read their post? It was the same one where they recommended oscars as suitable for a 200L tank.

Learn to read.

I was correcting didz04 that there are plenty of snakeheads to choose from. And that most do not get to 3-5'.

At no point was I disagreeing with you.

Learn to read.

I was correcting didz04 that there are plenty of snakeheads to choose from. And that most do not get to 3-5'.

At no point was I disagreeing with you.

I can read perfectly well thank you, the snakehead diz04 mentioned gets too big for the 200L, and so did a lot of the stock they suggested to the original poster. They may well be dawrf snakeheads who would suit, but I am not 'well up' on snakeheads so couldn't suggest any alternatives. Anyway they said they wanted tropical - aren't snakeheads sub-tropical?

Actually true that I did mention Oscars and Snakeheads but I was just listing what type of oddballs there are, and was asking that by weird fish this is what she meant ..Oscar, eel, snakehead...these type of fish (oddball's). I have no experience with snakeheads so thats why I recommended to go to the oddball section where they will get better advice from people like nelly.

I didn't write about a particular snakehead? Yeah I pasted a picture of a snakehead but not actually named a particular Snakehead that was suitable for the tank.
Sorry cheekysbabe and to anyone else if I have made it confusing in what I have said :look: I will make sure that I am clear and not to post any corrupted information.

Actually true that I did mention Oscars and Snakeheads but I was just listing what type of oddballs there are, and was asking that by weird fish this is what she meant ..Oscar, eel, snakehead...these type of fish (oddball's). I have no experience with snakeheads so thats why I recommended to go to the oddball section where they will get better advice from people like nelly.

I didn't write about a particular snakehead? Yeah I pasted a picture of a snakehead but not actually named a particular Snakehead that was suitable for the tank.
Sorry cheekysbabe and to anyone else if I have made it confusing in what I have said :look: I will make sure that I am clear and not to post any corrupted information.

:lol: it's alright, obviously we all got a little confused :lol:

Its ok no problem, but just wanted to make sure that no-one thought I was recommending a certain fish for cheekysbabe 200lt tank :good:

Thanks guys.

Its all cool. we all get confused in life, me a lot of the time, lol!

keep them coming. I'm always up for reading about fish..

Most reactions

Back