200 Litre stocking ideas…

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oli

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Looking to stock a new 200 litre tank with some bigger fish I’ve never owned before and am unfamiliar with. The biggest I have owned is a Dwarf Gourami so any help would be appreciated. I am looking to go for a bunch of medium/large fish that will stand out with both colour and size, as well as a bit school of smaller fish. The fish I would like…

-2 x Blue Acara/Electric blue (no idea on difference)
-4 x Angelfish
-4 x Gourami
-Big school of tetras/Cherry barbs etc.

Would this be overstocked and are these fish compatible?

I know with my dwarf gouramis I had to get one male and one female. I am unsure how important sex is with the above species but know it can be difficult to tell. Is it something I should be overly concerned with.

Thanks for any help guys :)

this might be a little overstocked i think
what type of gourami?
angelfish might nip them

I thought it may be! I’m not too sure really, I just like the look of Gouramis in general as well as Angels and Blue Acaras. Would these 3 species be able to cohabit in a 200 litre tank in perhaps some better numbers you could recommend?

I thought it may be! I’m not too sure really, I just like the look of Gouramis in general as well as Angels and Blue Acaras. Would these 3 species be able to cohabit in a 200 litre tank in perhaps some better numbers you could recommend?
hmm id do big gouramis and acaras, peaceful or not super aggressive gouramis preferably, not sure about angelfish ive heard some bad stuff about em
or you can do a south american tank and do SA chiclids and tetras but no gourami so you can add angelfish

Ah that’s a shame, I was really keen on the Angels and Blue Acaras together! Thanks for the help anyway

Ah that’s a shame, I was really keen on the Angels and Blue Acaras together! Thanks for the help anyway
you can do that, without the gouramis i think cause they are both african chiclids

Most reactions

Back