2 new gold nuggets here tomorrow… they're here...

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’ve had one for a couple years?, and a few more finally became available… my current one had survived the last couple years, with the heat set at 81 degrees… website recommends starting at 86 degrees… so I’ve slowly worked the temperature up, bouncing now, between 85 and 86 degrees… been slowly taking it up… no noticeable changes in the tetras, and other residents, which is good, might go up one more degree… before the new ones show up… seems awfully warm, but my farmed Tilapia run up to 88 degrees to speed up their metabolism…

My 2 year old… L-018 Gold Nugget
IMG_6020.jpeg

Last edited:
They have arrived… looking good…individually packaged, & with those little chunks of foam...
IMG_6297.png

Well, they are in the tank, and active, and not photographable right now… appear to be just slightly smaller than my other one… no one chasing, and no one running, right now…

Best I can tell right now, 2 or all 3 are in one of the vertical hollow logs, that hides an under gravel filter lift tube… lifting up the background, and shining my cell phone light back there, to see them…

Last edited:
I had a beautiful gold nugget pleco for several years, but he was so reclusive. I never saw him unless I was cleaning the tank. I hope yours doesnt hide as much as mine did.

The one I’ve had for a couple years, seems to make himself seen, every couple days… I just noticed, what looks like new care temperatures, starting at 86 degrees… before getting these new Nuggets, I slowly dialed up the temperature, which was previously 81 degrees…
my farmed Tilapia, are heated to as high as 88 degrees, to increase their metabolism… maybe the normal tank temperatures make the Nuggets sluggish, and maybe at 86 degrees, they’ll be more visible in the tank???

One good picture, one not very good, as it was at the back of the tank… I think these are the 2 new ones, though the one in the best picture looks like the one above… I added Bacter A E to the tank, and 10 minutes later, they came out
IMG_6308.png
IMG_6307.png
IMG_6309.jpeg

Last edited:
Love them! Do you remember their L#? I looked into nuggets a long time ago, I think it may have been L-014 that caught my eye for some reasons I don't recall. Size or less shy? Yours don't seem too shy, nice pics!

Mine are supposed to be L-018’s???

Looks like L-014’s are “Goldie’s… they get almost twice the size…

This is one of the newer ones… pictures have been harder to come by, they seem to be more nocturnal, as a group, but this is the one that was a shade lighter color, than the other 2, and has been out and about more frequently… not his pretty side… still no one chasing, and no one running… they seem to be all getting along…
IMG_6330.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back