2 Filters In 1 Tank?

markaj04

Reaction score
i have a guy offering me a tank setup (55 gal) with 2 dual powered filters, both good up to 60 gallons each. Would it be wise to use both filters?

It depends on what you're putting in the tank, but its more likely to help than hurt. You'd need to give more information on the filters and what you're planning on stocking the tank with to get a more detailed answer. Do you know how many gallons per hour they are? Six to ten times per hour total is usually good. Unless you have fish that can't handle the current, or are planning on understocking the tank, you should probably use both.

i have a guy offering me a tank setup (55 gal) with 2 dual powered filters, both good up to 60 gallons each. Would it be wise to use both filters?

Take it you mean Juwel filters? if so they are more than likely to be 600ltr per hour, as stated filtering too much is not really possible, but water flow may be a problem, if you get fish that dont like much current! all you have is a filter that will cover you if one breaks down. it will allow you to set up another tank very quickly, if it is ever needed. no point taking it out as they are not worth that much, if you tried to sell or swap it.

In my main tank (260 litres) I run an Eheim 2215 and a Fluval 2+ at all times. The combination allows for a bit of surface agitation and some weak current lower down. Also, if anything goes wrong, there always is at least one filter running...

Michele

Multiple filters are a great idea for any number of reasons. Would you believe I have 3 AquaClears on a 20 gal long? 150 and two minis- talk about your clean water :p Filters with flow control are great as you can turn down the flow yet still have the same media volume.

Multiple filters are a great idea for any number of reasons. Would you believe I have 3 AquaClears on a 20 gal long? 150 and two minis- talk about your clean water :p Filters with flow control are great as you can turn down the flow yet still have the same media volume.
so another no to the possibility of over filtration. it must sound like and Iron foundry to the fish lol

Most reactions

Back