2 Female Bettas In A 2 1/2 Gallon?

keithp

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is it safe to have 2 female bettas in a 2 1/2 gallon. Or would they fight each other not making it safe? I wanted to add another female betta to my tank but i'm afraid the resident female will beat up the new female.

Now keeping a female betta alone in a tank next to another females tank who is alone, is this ok or will it stress them out?

i think 2.5 gallon is too small for 2 of anything

To small IMO. I think you should invest in somthing atleast 5g and then maybe think about putting them together.
However this could still be to small so dont quote me on that. It does not really matter if the bettas tanks are next to each other.
Aslong as your sure they are females, if one is a male, or both then it could stress them out. But I think it would look much more appealing if you were to buy a bigger tank instead of having two, then put them together.

YF

2.5 gallons is way too small, unsure for two as females are best kept in minimums of four for a sorority and not really sure how 2 by themselves would get on. If you had the space a 10g would be great with 5 in. (p.s. think it is 5...might be 4 let me go check)

2.5G is Fine for a Lone Female, Ignore the others, they just need to chill and stop being so Drama.
You could add some cherry shrimp to it. AS long as you have adequate filtration that is.

OK back! Yeah sorority is 4 best to keep two females apart (checked with Gill) not sure if they would stress out in tanks next to each other, might be dependant on their personalities though they will have their own territories..

2.5 gallons is about as small as I would go for 1 betta. I don't think it is suitable for two.

Also, due to the nature of most female betta, they will fight if there are just two of them. They need to be kept in larger groups, about 5+ individuals, to make sure aggression is spread around evenly.

A 2.5 gallon is ok for a single female, just keep an eye on the water quality. I see no reason why it would stress the females by having the tanks next to each other, just keep an eye on them, if one gets stressed just move the tanks apart or put something between to block the view. I wouldn't advise keeping just two females in the same tank as they will more than likely fight and bully each other, as has been said 4+ would be advisable.

If I cant keep just 2 females together, than it would be best if I have 2, with their own separate tanks, next to each other. Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back