1st Fish Tank Changed...

jayling

Reaction score

HEY GUYS I HAVE DONE SOME MORE TO MY TANK.....
NEW PLANTS AND I HAVE ALSO MADE MY OWN MOON LIGHTS ILL ADD MORE PICS OF THE LIGHTS WHEN I
TAKE SOME PICTURES I ALSO CHANGED THE BACKGROUND TO BLACK....

OLD

l_e6bd494d36f4a38a95745e7ddace924b.jpg

NEW

l_405101323b5f06d7c56e9a0035309547.jpg

l_3ad958e0bbc4e45c56ef8342ff7b1e14.jpg

l_999ecb919a1ee9dd77edcb906bf60ba0.jpg

Comments Would be appreciated...

Yep, it does look better! Just add some more plants in the back and maybe a few smaller ones around the rocks and you're set! What size is the tank in gallons? Some amazon swords and Anubis are pretty easy to grow and are very pretty!

I think it looks fantastic - really natural looking, love the cobbles, bit like a lake/river bed. If my first tank had looked like yours (and some of them inbetween, I'd of been very pleased).

Agree with DiscusLova about the extra plants too - easy to keep from experience.

Big :good:

I'd put more water in it. It doesn't look like it is filled to the top.

errr....

well, I was going to suggest spiney eels and/or a bichir, but your substrate is gravel, which would slowly kill the eels and possibly choke the bichir.

Honestly, you can just do a lot more with sand. :/

I guess if you wanna do your average run of the mill tetra tank, go for it though. I'm sure there are other options, but that's all I see for now.

edit: maybe cichlids or cories also, but cories also perfer sand, and it's fun to see them snuffle through it.

nice tank :good:

'run of the mill tetra tanks' look good so maybe a few hatchets and a few tetras of your choice, one of the best things about tetras is that they are soooo active

hey, I have nothing against tetras. I'm just out for the unusual :p

It looks like a natural creek or something. My mom likes it alot. I like it too. Let me see... You could have ummm

8 Black phantom tetras
5 corys
3 neon blue rainbow fish
2 rams

Idk I am trying to pick fish that I think would look nice. You could add more fish than that but that is all I can think right now. :)

Ahhhhh! the tetra tank plan appeared. I wanna see something more... unusual... than that for such a great sized tank. Something that people aren't gonna see every day. some odd stuff so to say.

for starters, it's 3 feet long, over a foot wide, and over a foot tall. isn't that 50ish US gallons?

A: live plants. that;s a start. plants can do a lot for the tank. onions and val for the back corners so they cna grow up and decorate. along the back use some kind of sword, and through the middle make some kind of spread out wisteria forest.

B: Let's talk filtration. hopefully we've got around 200-400 total gallons per hour cycled?

C: Fish.
Mid dwellers
A1: angels. You have a tallish tank. we could get a pair or three.
or
A2: A school of 6 rainbows of some kind
Bottom
B: Senegal or del Bichir. The gravel looks big enough to where he might not accidentally swallow it.
C: Catfish - 3 Hoplo's? A synodontis of some sort perhaps?
bottom/side
D1: Plecos - some kind of 4-8 inch pleco. Snowball, Clown, Candystripe, Queen Arab, King tiger, Flash, Bristlenose. There are tons to choose from!
D2: Farowella(twig catfish) - only if you plan to keep up with filtration.

So here's what I think

1x Senegal bichir
1x Featherfin syno.
1x Bristlenose (cheap and available most places)

and either
6x rainbow fish
or
2x Angels (marble and koi are cool)

That would be a start. After you plant it, set out territory, and so forth, there would be room for perhaps
A: Some kind of hard to keep fish like a baby whale or elephant nose. but you'll have to keep good track of your water!

B: A pair of kribensis. doesn't look like they can pick on anything here, but nothing should pick on them!

enjoy!

Yes I figured it must be around 45 gallons. Ok here is my idea.

2 Angel fish
6 rainbow fish
1 clown pleco
2 rams
5 corydoras
6 black phantom tetras

I personally think the black phantom tetras would look nice in that tank. But everyone has their own oppinions! :)

Go down to your lfs and pick the plants that you like and think would look nice. Just fill it in a little more and it will look wonderfull!

the reason I suggested those plants are

Tall - background

Val. and onions make great corner plants.

and then you have a good mid ground foresting plant.

it fits in if you want to do a carper in the front, or new pieces of wisteria that you'll get to clip from the old.

and black phantom tetra are some of the more agressive tetra, and I don't think would mix with angels, especially with their trailing finnage and almost similar shape?

rams are super sensitive. Notice how I shaved off the sensitive fish in my list until the end for "after tank set up for a while"

And Honestly, I don't know how rainbows would mix with angels. that's why I suggested one or another.

but yes.... I'd like to see something you don't see every day in there. Angels are common. tetra are common.

come on! mix it up a bit with such a nice big tank! don't do fish that could go into a 10 gallon.

edit: good job on reaching 500+ posts half blood. good to see people reaching that level of caring for fish and activity on the board!

rams are super sensitive.

I'd just like to point out that rams aren't necessarily "super sensitive". Some people do have problems with German blue rams, so I might classify them as sensitive, but if you want Bolivians, feel free to add them when you're cycled. Mine have been in my tank since the cycle was done with no problems at all. They're very hardy.

Most reactions

Back