180 Gallon Stocking

deceptacon

Reaction score
Well, I'm *finally* upgrading my 55 gallon to a 180 gallon! A big jump, I'm excited!

So, I have 3 adult blood parrots and a black ghost knife. I want to add:

1 kirin parrot
tiger/albino barbs
kribs
???
apple snails (I have 2)
shrimp
clams

What number of each should I add? And what else would you suggest to add to this tank? I'd like to add some fish that aren't orange, so they stand out. I'm thinking about neons, but I don't like to have run of the mill extremely common fish. Suggestions appreciated! Oh, and I'll post pics when I have it all setup :)

i think the clams will be fine i want some of these swan clams the shrimp may get eaten i wouldn't put barbs in (my preference) snails cool kribs hit or miss should be ok though and i don't know what a kirin parrot is like.

180g that is a good size how big exactly mate?

6 foot long, 2ft wide and 2ft high! I could lay in it with extra space!

Kirin parrot is this:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9555/rscn2645uh6.jpg

Basically they are blood parrot with colors of redhead cichlids

I'd like to have an interesting schooling fish to "fill in" the space that aren't orange so they don't blend in. What are swan clams? I've only seen regular pond/river clams here.

good size tank i like them parrots i want some lol. i meant swan mussels they are freshwater and good filter feeders

[URL="http://www.lifeinfreshwater.org.uk/Species...mussel.jpg.html"]http://www.lifeinfreshwater.org.uk/Species...mussel.jpg.html[/URL]

im not sure on shoaling fish how about some kind of cichlids

Haha holy crap it sounds like those mussels get huge! Blood parrots are my favorite fish I've had so far, they have great personalities. Of course when I saw the kirin parrots I was absolutely in love, but I didn't have space. I want the parrots to be the centerpiece, what cichlids are smaller than parrots and not very aggressive? I just did a quick look on liveaquaria.com.. do you know anything about blue acara temperament?

The barbs, kribs and shrimp will be killed

Kirin Parrots are crossed with Flowerhorns

The barbs, kribs and shrimp will be killed

Darn! I knew the shrimp would be killed, but didn't think the barbs and kribs would be. What would you suggest, Davo?

There are loads of option really, anothing from a large pleco, Bichir, hoplos, Pimelodella cats, silver sharks, silver dollars, or a few more larger relatively peaceful cichlids, like blue acaras, elliottis, or a severum perhaps

I'd really like smaller schooling fish. I'm not a fan of silver dollars or sharks. I've also heard horror stories of plecos sucking on the sides of parrots. I was hoping to get something a bit smaller than the parrots so that they still appear as the giants in the tank :)

I'm now looking at archocentrus cutteri and thorichthys aureus... the cutteri might be too aggressive though, I think.

if i had a 180 gallon i wouldn't waste it by putting small fish in there
i would have a group of clown loaches maybe a birchir, arowana, giant gouramis, oscar, sharks to mention a few
obviously not all of them but a few ideas for you to think on

if i had a 180 gallon i wouldn't waste it by putting small fish in there
i would have a group of clown loaches maybe a birchir, arowana, giant gouramis, oscar, sharks to mention a few
obviously not all of them but a few ideas for you to think on

Haha, I already have 3 big fish (parrots) going in there and a black ghost knife. I don't think they would get along with what you mention.

What about Amatitlania siquia (honduran red point?)

Most reactions

Back