12 Or 24

k. tell me if this a gud deal. at my local lfs the 12 gal is $239 and the 24 is $319

thats a good deal if its 150 watt HQI MH.....

I think the jbj 28 gallon looks AWSOME, 150 watt HQI MH, 2 powerheads + wave maker, 4 cooling fans (may need more since the light is pretty close to the tank, probably best if used with a chiller) and protein skimmer. Maybe check out the 28 gallon....

not surprised, but it still looks really cool. I dont see why you couldnt just put more fans in..... Some blowing on the tank some blowing out, blowing in increases evaporation, blowing out takes out those water molecules and cools it down even more.

hmm ive ben askin around(lfs/other chats) and they say u need a really advanced chilla 4 it. i gus it rly ova heets. so i gus ill get the 12 gallon.

whats wrong with the 24 gallon? You do know smaller tanks heat up faster right?

Well i think the bigger the tank the better. Also about the chiller question. Why cant you just keep the room temperature at a temperature that wont affect the tank heating up. What I do is keep my air conditioner on. Also the plus side on using an air conditioner is that is keeps the house cool and the tank, while the electricity it consumes compared to a chiller is almost the same. Also I found other cheap nano cubes.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...=2004&Nty=1

also here are smaller nanos

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...=2004&Nty=1

the 28 has a halide light in an enclosed canopy which ac couldnt compete with

the 28 has a halide light in an enclosed canopy which ac couldnt compete with

Well I am suggesting that you get one of those nano's which I gave links to, which have a strong lighting system like the one i will list below:

24 Gallon, 150W HQI Metal Halide System - Includes: Surface skimming filtration system, 1-14000°K HQI Metal Halide light, 6 blue and 6 white LED lights, cooling fan, mechanical sponge filter, 290 gph submersible pump with flat nozzle, and complete instructions.

That nano has a metal halide system with cooling fans. So the temperature in the tank should not rise that much. Also if there is somewhat of a problem i always use an AC which is more economical than a chiller. It seems to have about the same BTU. But an air conditioner also has the added benefit of cooling the room where the tank is located. Also the system which i mentioned above with the 150 HQI Metal Halide System is now on sale for $329.99. Which is a great deal when it brings HQI Metal Halides.

thats the aquapod with a sunpod 150 watt, the jbj nano has the light like an inch from the surface of the water IN an enclosed hood while the sunpod is around 6 inches above the surface without an enclosed hood

And it has been proven on another forum that fans cool just as effectively as chillers, but raises evaporation levels significantly.

thats the aquapod with a sunpod 150 watt, the jbj nano has the light like an inch from the surface of the water IN an enclosed hood while the sunpod is around 6 inches above the surface without an enclosed hood

And it has been proven on another forum that fans cool just as effectively as chillers, but raises evaporation levels significantly.

Well from my experience I have noted that fans are effective, but they cannot compete with the temperature control chiller provide. But the benefit of using fans is the amount of energy they consume is barely nothing compared to a chiller :crazy:

Most reactions

Back