100 Gallon Tank

tireroaster

Reaction score
so my friend is giving me his 100 gallon tank i dont know what i want to put in there so i would like to get some ideas from you guys.

Oscars lol I've always wanted them but haven't got the room for a tank big enough lol

Too small for more than one Oscar.

Could do a nice Tanganyikan, African "rapids", Rainbowfish/Gudgeon or Central American theme in a 100g with hard alkaline water.

i really like chilids so probley them but my freind thats giving it to me said something about making it a saltwater tank but ive never done that and i have know idea were to begin with a saltwater tank.

If you're on a budget, stay with freshwater fish. Setting up, keeping up, and stocking a saltwater tank will cost you $$$. I'd say go with cichlids. They're not too hard to take care of and your tank will be more than big enough, unless you go with oscars. In my experience with oscars, they get too big too quickly. I'd say start a tank with a bunch of colorful African cichlids. Just my opinion :)

i really appreciate your ideas and thoughts i think im gonna stick with freshwater cause i got to looking at things you need for salt water tanks and your right it will cost you alot of money lol. ive also thought about a planted tank but im also a begginer in that feild to so if i could also get thoughts on that to.

Most reactions

Back