10 Gallon Tank

Feral123

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am about to get a 10 gallon tank and i cannot decide on what to stock it with. I was thinking of trying either one of these two stocking ideas

- 2 dwarf puffers

or

- 4 rummynoses
- 4 ghost shrimp

tell me which one you would go with or if you have any other suggestions for a 10 gallon then feel free to share it.

-Thanks

I've 3 dwarf puffers and an amano shrimp in my 10g. Totally love the dp's - so so full of character and great little personalities!

lol, k well i 'll try the dp's. and who know's, i might have enough money left over to buy another 10 gallon and still get my rummy's :lol:

:lol:
I don't think you'll regret getting the DP's, they are quite an addictive little fish! :wub:

yeah, from what ive read and researched they are full of character.

hmmmmm, do you think if i got some full grown ghost shrimp and then put the two dp's in would they be ok. or would the dps kill the ghosties?

yeah, from what ive read and researched they are full of character.

hmmmmm, do you think if i got some full grown ghost shrimp and then put the two dp's in would they be ok. or would the dps kill the ghosties?

Definitely recommend DPs :lol: They are so much fun to watch. I think whether the DPs will kill the ghost shrimp really depends on the personalities of the individual DP's. My amano shrimps have been fine living with DPs and I think ghost shrimps get to a similar size to amanos maybe a little smaller. Worth a try though.

Just make sure the tank is fully cycled before adding them as they are very sensitive to crappy water :)

also, my dwarf puffers also live happily with otocinclus

i only currently have one living with 4 DPs, but i will be adding at least one more hopefully

i only currently have one living with 4 DPs, but i will be adding at least one more hopefully

Where are your other 2 DPs treelo? Have they gone in the other 31ltr tank?

well thanks yall for the help. I'll be looking forward now to having the little puff balls. :lol:

I love puff balls :lol: :lol: :lol:

well thanks yall for the help. I'll be looking forward now to having the little puff balls. :lol:

I love puff balls :lol: :lol: :lol:

not yet mate, its currently being cycled but they will be moved ASAP

but by saying i have 6 in a 15G people jump on me about overstocking, i know its overstocked and that is the reason i now have another tank, but i cant stick them in it until its cycled, which hopefully wont take too long

not yet mate, its currently being cycled but they will be moved ASAP

but by saying i have 6 in a 15G people jump on me about overstocking, i know its overstocked and that is the reason i now have another tank, but i cant stick them in it until its cycled, which hopefully wont take too long

I know :lol: :lol: :lol: as long as you keep up the water change, they should be ok for a little while until they grow more mature and territorial :hey: :lol: If I remember rightly, you only have one male which probably helps.

well once again thanks for all the help, i'll be sure to get a camera so i can keep a fishy diary on how the tank goes and how the puffers are doing. i should be able to get the tank next week.

Most reactions

Back